Friday, February 8, 2019

Friday Feature: Personalizing Productivity

I enjoy reading posts and articles about productivity and, as a result, I've read a lot of articles on how productive people start their days.

None of them sound remotely like how I start my day -- or how I want to.

Luckily, I'm not a proponent of one-size-fits-all thinking.

It would be easy to assume that since the people I'm reading about run huge conglomerates and make lots of money that I might want to adopt their habits. But, while I may envy their productivity, I don't want to do what they're doing. I want to do what I'm doing, only better.

A couple days ago, I bookmarked another of these articles to read and honestly, I was expecting more of the same.

Luckily, the writer doesn't seem to be a proponent of one-size-fits-all thinking either.

In his article, "I’ve Interviewed 300 High Achievers About Their Morning Routines. Here’s What I’ve Learned," Benjamin Spall shares the ingredients of productive routines. Rather than telling me how long Entrepreneur X meditates in his gazillion dollar mansion with a perfectly outfitted mindfulness space or how far Businesswoman Y, who's training for a marathon while running a multi-billion dollar corporation runs, Spall focuses on personalizing the generalities, boiling it down to the essential questions.

What works for you? And what should you do when life intervenes?

I was excited to see that Spall is also the author of My Morning Routine: How Successful People Start Every Day Inspired. 

After all, the more productive I become, the more time I create to read books like his.

How do you start your day off on the right foot?

No comments:

Post a Comment