Saturday, March 7, 2015

Organization Extra: 40 Bags in 40 Days

Ready for some serious purging? Then 40 Bags in 40 Days might be for you. 

The idea is simple enough -- to clear the clutter from our lives and divest ourselves of 40 bags of non-essentials over the course of Lent (the 40 days in the name of the challenge). For me, some of it will be as simple as finally getting those clothes to consignment and those books to the library book sale. But to get to 40 bags, I'll need to go through my things and separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak -- a task I always mean to do, but never seem to get to.



Any size bag (or box or bin) will do. When I did this last year, I used a kitchen trash bag (smaller than the one in the photo at left) as my approximate standard. Two shredding sessions will fill the bag 
-- and reduce the paper clutter on my desk (and pretty much any other room in my house). Or, I can fill the bag with clothes I don't wear, but someone else might...or any other items in my home that have overstayed their welcome here but might be very welcome somewhere else.

How about you? What can you fill 40 bags with between now and Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment