Friday, November 19, 2021

Friday Feature: Fall


I love fall. The temperatures, the colors, the smells. Despite my allergies, it has been my favorite season for as long as I can remember.

I also love excellent writing. Elegant turns of phrase, just-right words, evocative imagery.

I found both of these things in a New York Times piece by Frank Bruni that I read this afternoon while waiting in line for my Starbucks. The top portion of the column is political, so you'll need to scroll down to On a personal note to get to the story I'm referencing. You'll know you've arrived when you get to the photo of the red tree.

What a treat to find two things I enjoy so much in one place, capped off by another of my favorite things shortly thereafter. Sunshine, Starbucks and a red tree that evoked memories of trips to New England.

Quite a nice way to end the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment