Thursday, April 22, 2021

3 Keys Thursday: 3 Key (True) Confessions

 

On Tuesday, my paperback copies of True Confessions Wednesday arrived. In honor of what I consider to be an exciting development, I thought I'd share three of those confessions that are particularly relevant to me right now.

True Confession #2: I'm a big fan of the small steps approach. This morning, I counted the number of teaching days remaining in the semester: 11. With a stack of papers to grade that's hovering dangerously close to ten times that number (with more to follow), organizing is taking a back seat. But, every day, I generate paper clutter, not the least of which is the pile of mail that must be dealt with. I can't keep things as well in-hand as I'd like, but keeping after it a little at a time means I won't have a backlog of clutter to deal with when the semester is over.

True Confession #20: I love simple solutions. Containers without lids. Colored file folders. Sticky notes. Eye-catching, one-step, drop-and-run solutions are the foundation of my organizing system. The simpler the solution, the more likely I am to use it -- especially when I'm busy and life is hectic.

True Confession #46: I struggle with the transition from one month to the next. More than one appointment has been lost or forgotten in the Bermuda triangle that is the flip of the page from one month to the next. While I still have room for improvement, I'm getting much better, especially since I've identified this as a weak spot in my time management system.

With a little searching, you can read all of my True Confessions here on this blog, in their original home. True Confessions Wednesday, a compilation of all those Wednesday posts, is available as an e-book -- and now in paperback! -- on Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment