Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Taking Time


Pixabay
Last October, I shared this true confession (#44): I am terrible at estimating how long things take. I don't know whether I'm optimistic or time-impaired, but my internal monologue is always the same.

It won't take that long.

Ha. Famous last words. It always takes longer than I think it will.

Sometime last week, I realized that this is definitely the case for my blog posts, and so I made a difficult decision.

I need to cut back.

Beginning the first week in March, I'll be posting here only once a week -- on Thursdays -- instead of on Wednesdays and Thursdays. For my remaining two Wednesday posts in February, I'll be reposting two of my favorite True Confessions.

I love writing these posts, but I also love writing and teaching. Unfortunately, each of these pursuits has been edging the others out.  During semester break, I was staying on top of things (kinda, sorta) but, now that classes have started up again, I find myself creating my posts late at night, which tells me I'm overextended. And so, I have to admit that time is not quite as elastic as I've repeatedly led myself to believe. 

One of the reasons we try to manage our time and our stuff is so that we can be at peace with ourselves and our things. When that's not happening, we need to make difficult decisions and perhaps even part with some things. Knowing that's the case, I need to practice what I teach.

The archives aren't going anywhere, and neither are my books, and I have no intention of going fully dark. In addition, you can find my STYLE Savvy posts on CatholicMom.com for as long as they'll have me.

Thanks for reading. See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment