Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Office Intervention, Part 2

Pixabay
Oh, my office....

Looks better.

It didn't start well. I set a timer on my Echo Dot for an hour, cued up some Jeopardy games to play while I sorted and started with the space just below my new Wall Pops. Midway through the second game, as I was trying to find a home for a homeless item, our wireless went out briefly.

So much for my timer (or so I thought). I asked Alexa how much time remained, but she remained silent.

I'd no sooner gotten back to work than my phone rang.

My daughter.

An hour later, my first hour incomplete (its end marked by a signal from Alexa during my phone call), my office looked worse. Not wanting to waste time, I'd started sorting things while I was on the phone with my daughter, so my desk, formerly not so bad, was now not so good.

Conversation ended, I set the stopwatch, shooting for thirty minutes of work time. Already in sorting mode, I decided to dig into a group of folders and miscellaneous items that had taken up residence on the floor, leaning against my bookcase.

It was a half hour well-spent. I got rid of a lot and, eliminated one problem spot and found a solution to another one.

There's still a lot of work to do, but I am making progress. Real world issues intervened (as they usually do), adjustments had to be made (as they usually do), but the scorecard looks something like this:
Empty space where there once was clutter? Yes
Extraneous stuff eliminated? Yes
Improvement in at least one area? Yes
Some idea of where to begin next time? Yes
Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment