Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Office Intervention: Part 1

Wallpops.com
(text mine)
Oh, my office.

When you work at one paper intensive profession, finding enough storage in a tiny office is challenging. When you work at two paper intensive professions (writing and teaching), it's downright frustrating.

Storage is limited. First drafts are only the beginning of the story. Couple these with an I need to see it personal style and a drop and run organizational style and...

I need an intervention.

Since the snow day I wished for materialized, today seemed to be a good day to kick off an intervention. I'd been thinking small steps -- 15 minutes a day -- but an attempt at that strategy last night left me frustrated and overwhelmed.

And so now, with two blog posts under my belt, I am venturing forth (guilt-free since I got some writing done first) to spend an hour trying to make headway in my office. Motivated by the dry erase decals I purchased to keep track of upcoming projects, I want to make the rest of the room look as good as the wall with the Wall Pops does. I won't accomplish that in an hour, nor do I even quite know where I will begin, but....

Stay tuned. I'll report back.


No comments:

Post a Comment