Thursday, January 18, 2018

3 Keys Thursday: Getting Started in STYLE

Photo: Dodgerton Skillhause via Morguefile
Is 2018 your year to organize by STYLE? Here are three key components (and three links) to get you started.
  • Claim your styles. Decide which personal style and which organizational style best describes you. You may have traits of others as well, but begin by determining which styles you most identify with.
  • Decide which one dominates. I'm an I need to see it/drop and run person, but typically, my I need to see it style prevails. If I keep that in the forefront of my mind when I clear clutter and restore organization, I'm more likely to set up a plan that works long-term.
  • Choose the right tools. To break the drop and run habit, I need to find tools that allow me to see what I'm looking for. Since away is as good as forgotten, any container that keeps things out of sight gets ignored in favor of the dropping and running that allows me to see what I need. If, however, I do something as simple as using a file box with an open top, putting things away is easy, and, though they're more out of sight than they'd be on top of my desk, they're easily accessible, and still a little visible as well. 
When you're feeling overwhelmed, go back to basics. What are your styles, and what are they crying out for?

No comments:

Post a Comment