Thursday, January 11, 2018

3 Keys Thursday: 3 Questions to ask When it's Time to Troubleshoot

Dodgerton Skillhause via Morguefile
Lately, I've been losing things. This is unusual for me, and it's typically a sign that I'm too busy to keep up with everything that needs to be done. Although it's annoying, it's a wake up call that I need to step back and figure out a way to turn things around.

Because I know I've reached a point in my organizational journey where my systems work -- as long as I use them, -- I don't need to throw up my hands and start from scratch. But, no matter how good it is, no system is self-maintaining. I've learned that when things start to get rough around the edges, it's time (or, sometimes, past time) to troubleshoot and ask myself some key questions:
  • Do my systems fit both my styles and my lifestyle? If they fit my personal and organizational styles but require a more time-consuming process than my schedule permits, it might be time to revamp. 
  • Are my systems overwhelmed? Did I choose "just right" containers, or tools that allow me (and my possessions) room to grow?
  • Is this a temporary problem? Certain times of the year and certain seasons of life are more hectic (and therefore more chaotic as well). If "this, too, shall pass," is there any point in revamping your entire system?
What are your signs that it's time to troubleshoot?

No comments:

Post a Comment