Thursday, January 12, 2017

3 Keys Thursday: The Hanger Edition

Dodgerton Skillhause via Morguefile
Last week's forays into Pinterest, Target and my closet stirred up a renewed interest in the most basic of closet tools.

Hangers.

After hearing a tip years ago that closets not only look better but work better if the hangers are all the same, I began building my Joy Mangano huggable hangers. They're thin, yet sturdy enough for most clothing and they work well for small closets. Whenever possible, these are my hanger of choice.

But, as I was writing last week's post, I was reminded of some specialty hangers (like the scarf hanger I'm not using to hang scarves) that are great to have around. In addition, I discovered a few I didn't know existed. Here are three of them.



Target.com

Target.com
Tiered hangers. I use these for lots of things, most often, pants and most recently, tank tops. I originally bought the hangers at right to solve my sweater storage problem, but, despite the slim design, they got very bulky very fast when I used them for the sweaters I was trying to find a home for (although they work well for lightweight cardigans).



Bed, Bath & Beyond



The tank top hanger. Who knew? Certainly not me. I'd been using regular hangers, hangers with hooks (so I could hang them vertically, one hanger below the other) and tiered hangers. I was thinking of swapping out my traditional tiered hanger (above right) for one with clamps (above left), but I just might try this one instead.






Bed, Bath & Beyond



Bumps Be-Gone hangers. These are a laundry staple at my house. I don't use them in my closet because they take up too much space, but I love them for hanging clothes that need to drip dry.

I could easily do another week of posts on closet accessories -- maybe even on hangers alone! What closet organizers do you swear by?

No comments:

Post a Comment