Thursday, August 12, 2021

Favorite Back-to-School Tools


It’s that time of year again: back to school. I’ve been doing this for long enough that I know exactly what my go-to tools are for getting ready, and for when I’m back on campus.

Getting ready:

My laptop (which, sadly is at the Apple store, awaiting a new battery);

Large sheets of unlined paper for large-scale planning and a project notebook with wide margins for the details of planning;

Imagination. This may sound silly but both planning and organization improve when we step outside the box and look at things from new angles. 

Once I’m back at school: 

A clipboard for rosters and day-to-day notes and reminders (what else would you expect from a girl with an I need to see it personal style?)

A planner, which doubles as a lesson plan book. I’m so sold on the importance of planners that I require all my freshmen to have one. Which one? That’s up to them because one size doesn’t fit all :-)

A sharpened pencil with a good eraser because mistakes are part of the planning process.

How about you? What are you using to capture new ideas and keep things organized as we draw closer to fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment