Wednesday, December 11, 2019

True Confessions: Making a List and Checking it Twice

True Confession #14: I love stationery. This is something that's been true ever since I was a little girl. We'd go to a five and ten or a variety store (yes, I'm that old!) and I would spend as much time as I could wandering the aisles filled with notebooks and various kinds of paper. I still remember the pink notebook paper I got to fill my flowered binder in elementary school (fourth grade, if memory serves) and how I saved it for special assignments.

To this day, I have a collection of notebooks waiting to be pressed into service (because one needs a notebook that is just right for the task at hand), a collection of file folders in various colors, patterns, materials (traditional card stock vs. acetate/plastic) and sizes, and enough Post-it Notes to paper my office. Granted, it's a small office, but that's still a lot of sticky notes.

I also match my writing implements to the task for which I'm using them. But that's another post.

knockknockstuff.com
So, when KnockKnockStuff.com had its Black Friday (or was it Cyber Monday?) sale, of course I needed to add to my collection. I was running low on the pages I use to create the week-at-a-glance sheet that travels between work and home, linking my commitments in both places, so re-ordering those was a no-brainer. While I was there, I found a daily to-do page I liked and added that to my cart as well. Sure, I could use a blank sheet of paper, or the back of my week-at-a-glance page but, I need to see it person that I am, the combination of eye-catching and priority-based (breaking up the longer list into smaller lists based on urgency) was too good to pass up.

Oh, and did I mention that it sticks to stuff? Like, say, the back of my weekly list?

You don't have to be Santa for lists to be a big part of your life, especially at this time of year. And, while any piece of paper (or notebook) will do in a pinch, having a list that's very visible (and maybe even prioritized) can be just the ticket to bringing a little bit of organization to a busy, somewhat overwhelming time of year.

And, who knows? Maybe if you leave him some cookies, Santa will add that just-right notepad or notebook to your stocking -- the one that works for your style. And if the cookies are just right, maybe all the items will already be checked off.

Now that would be a gift indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment