Wednesday, December 13, 2017

One More Thing-itis

geralt via Pixabay
I have a terrible "disease." It's called "one-more-thing-itis."

I always seem to think I have time to do "just one more thing." As a result, I consistently run just a little bit late.

A lot.

While this "doing one more thing" plan is very optimistic in a way, it's also inconsiderate. While I'm checking one more thing off my list, usually before running out the door to go somewhere, I am, often unintentionally, keeping someone else waiting.

The funny thing is, this not-so-funny habit seems efficient. It seems as though I'm using my time wisely, not wasting a moment, working through my to-do list. While I am, indeed, garnering all these benefits, their value is greatly reduced by the guilt that inevitably arises when I lose track of time and realize I am keeping someone else waiting.

There are a number of things that could improve this situation. Shorter to-do lists come to mind immediately, but that solution is unlikely. The truth is, it's a habit, and I need to decide whether to break it or press it into service.

I have a few ideas, but I'm going to put it out to you, too. How would you cure this time management disease? Leave me a comment, and I'll include your ideas, along with mine, in tomorrow's "3 Keys Thursday" post.

Stay tuned :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment