Thursday, November 2, 2017

3 Keys Thursday: 3 Things I Want in that Mythical Work Bag

Dodgerton Skillhause via Morguefile
Yesterday, I wrote about my ongoing search for the perfect bag. In the process, I've gone through quite a few contenders and have discovered a few of the attributes that matter most to me.

A pocket (preferably external) for my cell phone. Putting my cell phone in the same place every time saves me a lot of digging through my bag to find it. Putting it in a pocket on the outside of the bag makes the access even easier.

An interior pocket or two. Sometimes one really is better because then I don't have to remember which pocket I put something in. And there's always something I need to put in a pocket.

Strong straps and a bag that distributes weight well. The biggest problem with big bags is the obvious one -- they become unmanageable. When I was younger, I considered it a badge of honor to be able to pick up heavy stuff; now I prefer things that don't strain my back and hurt my shoulders. As I continue to "try on" bags, I'm discovering that two bags of the same size aren't necessarily equal when it comes to manageability.

So, when I find my perfect bag, will it need to have anything else?

Just one more thing. It has to be cute, too.

How about you? What qualities do you look for in a bag, be it a purse, a briefcase or a bag you can use after a productive day at the mall?

No comments:

Post a Comment