Wednesday, January 6, 2021

New Year, New Project

 

Confessions make the leap to e-book!

I am beyond excited to share with you my latest project: an e-book compilation of my True Confessions Wednesday posts! After hitting my 50th True Confession in December, I wanted to celebrate, so I decided to gather all my confessions into one volume. 

Begun in September 2019 (pre-pandemic -- remember those days?), this recurring feature was a lot of fun to write, and also a lot of fun to revisit as I put the e-book together. The posts have been lightly edited but are essentially the same.

And they will remain here as well. I've often considered, but consistently rejected, the idea of monetizing this blog, but nearly all the avenues I've explored involved interrupting your reading experience and doing the things I find annoying on other blogs. For me, this blog is a place to share my ideas, as well as organizational frustrations and triumphs, and pop-ups and sign-ups only distract from that purpose.

So, you can still find all of my posts here, as long as Blogger will keep them. But, if you'd like the convenience of finding all of my (organizational) confessions in one place, you might like the book.

And, since endings often lead to new beginnings, bringing my confessional chapter to a close (for now, anyway), also means starting something new. I'd like to do some FAQs posts, focused in on organizing questions. I've brainstormed a few but, if there's one you'd like me to answer, you can leave me a comment below, or send me a message. I'll keep you anonymous, if you wish.

I'd also love to know what organizational projects you're working on, since January is prime organization time for many of us. Personally, I'm about halfway through my box of files and I've purged a lot. A new system is taking shape, whereby the things I use often get to stay in my office (writing projects) and the old stuff (archives) goes into the two-drawer file we moved to the basement. I'm also happy to be working primarily with papers and files and I do not miss the days when I had to figure out how to fit all the new Santa stuff into the playroom.

Happy New Year! Wishing you many organizational successes, and hoping you'll share them here.



No comments:

Post a Comment