Thursday, October 1, 2020

More than Three Things I Love About My New Tote Bag

Clearly not my new bag,
but useful nevertheless.

maciej326 via Pixabay

Last summer, I found a tote bag I really liked, but it was expensive. Not only that but, since I used to sell Thirty-One, there is no shortage of tote bags at my house. In fact, I have one for every day.

For three weeks.

Still, I watched the tote bag, checking the price, waiting for sales and discounts until I finally gave in. Even then, I wasn't sure it was a good decision.

I've been using that tote bag for a month now and let me tell you, it was worth every penny.

Why?

  • The fabric is substantial, as are the straps -- which don't dig into my shoulder when I carry it.
  • It has a perfect pocket for my phone...and one for my wallet, and one for tissues...and one more. Oh, and another. And another.
  • It has a squared-off bottom so it stands upright without tipping over, even when the contents are a little off-center.
  • It distributes weight well so I don't feel as though I'm going to tip over when it's full.
  • I can put my laptop in it and zip it closed so my computer -- and the rest of the contents -- don't get wet when it rains.

Oh, and it's pretty, too.

With my daughter's help, I was already in the process of divesting myself of my remaining Thirty-One inventory, along with a number of bags I was no longer using, so one in-one out was not an issue; in fact, the ratio was more like one in/four out. That made me feel better, as well as providing a little cash to offset the price.

I know I'll hold on to some of my tote bag collection because different tasks call for different tote bags, but this time, I think I've found a school bag that's a keeper.

Sometimes, a little splurge can be a very good thing.

How about you? What features do you look for in a bag?


No comments:

Post a Comment