Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Organizational Milestone

Last night, I hit an Organizing by STYLE milestone: I hit "send" and my book manuscript went hurtling through cyberspace to my editor. Know Thyself: The (Im)Perfectionist's Guide to Sorting Your Stuff is due out next spring (thank you Our Sunday Visitor!) So, today, I thought I might give you a little sneak peek at the contents.

This is my third non-fiction book, and I've learned that sending a book to an editor is a leap of faith. Changes are always a possibility, so I don't know how much the book they publish will look like the book I submitted. In addition, my manuscript was much longer than I expected (or proposed), so I have no idea how much will make the cut. As a result, there's a chance that what I include in today's sneak peek might not make the cut (and, if that's the case, you're likely to find it here later as new posts!) and so instead of giving you actual text, I'd like to share some of the concepts you'll find inside:
  • the styles (of course!), both personal and organzational 
  • the quiz
  • the STYLE process
  • how to use the STYLE process to put your styles to work
  • dealing with organizing obstacles
  • organizing with kids
  • time management tools
If you think the book sounds a lot like this blog, you'd be right. It's not a collection of posts, though, nor are the contents "ripped from the headlines" here. Instead, the book is a way to find all the things I write about here in one place, organized in a way that makes sense, rather than episodically like my posts. The book isn't the end of the road, though -- I've got lots more to say here as well, at least for the foreseeable future.

As I stand at the crossroads, I'm wondering...what's on your organizational wishlist? What would you like to see me address in future posts?


No comments:

Post a Comment