Thursday, August 2, 2018

3 Keys Thursday: 3 Items for My Bullet Journal...Should I Start One

Photo: Dodgerton Skillhause via Morguefile
Yesterday, I talked a little bit about bullet journals, a topic on which I'm a bit out of my league. Still, connecting them to Beach Pages, even peripherally, made me curious and so I went in search of more information.

I found lots of pretty pictures on Pinterest, but when I set out to appropriately credit them, I found the sites less helpful than the pictures that had brought me to them. This link, however, had great ideas and photos as well as being non-threatening for those of us who are more creative with words than art -- so much so, in fact, that I ended up scrolling through to find three things I might actually use a bullet journal for.

Though I liked the pages on goals and lists, I already have systems in place to keep track of those things. Anything that required art skills or too much time to set up was also out, but I liked...


Just Bright Ideas
  • Films to watch. I tend to jot these titles down on random scraps of paper or in whatever notebook I have available. The design on this page is attractive, but simple enough that I think I could replicate it, and I like the idea of keeping all these movie ideas together. 
  • Books to read. I like this page for the same reasons I like the films page -- easy to replicate, captures all the titles in one place. I also love the idea of coloring in the books as I finish them.
  • Savings goals. I'm not sure if a pretty bullet journal page is enough to help me meet my savings goals, but, hey, it's worth a shot.


For more great photos and bullet journal ideas, check out my Pinterest page where I've created a new board called Bullet Journal ideas, which I expect to have fun adding pins to. You can also find a partial collection of Organizing by STYLE blog posts on my Pinterest page, along with boards on organization and my novels.

What's in your bullet journal?

Happiness is Homemade




No comments:

Post a Comment