Thursday, July 19, 2018

3 Keys Thursday: 3 Key Items on My Packing-for-Vacation List

Photo: Dodgerton Skillhause via Morguefile
When I'm packing for a week away, particularly one where relaxation rather than learning or sightseeing will be the main event, I try to bring things that will make it my home away from home for the week. Comfy pjs for down time (and leisurely mornings on the patio). Enough clothes so I don't need to do laundry. The electronics I use for work and play.

Since my organizational styles go wherever I go, there are a few things that are always on my packing list so that adrift is only a state of mind when I want it to be.

Prepacked (as in always packed, never unpacked) toiletries and medical/first aid pouches. Not only do these save me time and list-making before the trip, but they also help make sure I don't have to spend vacation time and cash on unnecessary trips to the drug store trips to buy things I already have at home. Restocking them and checking expiration dates when I unpack after vacation makes sure they're ready to go again when I am.

My satellite office bag: I have a small tote that houses my wireless mouse, earbuds and charger, pencil case and a small spiral memo book. I use this when I take my laptop and go, whether to Starbucks or another "satellite office." Grabbing that bag means I'm equipped for writing on the screened-in porch and shutting out the music from someone else's blue tooth speaker on the beach, as well as making sure I have just the right pen.

A notebook -- or, in my case, several. I always pack a medium sized spiral notebook for keeping track of random thoughts and ideas, as well as lists I don't want to lose. This time, I also happened to grab a legal pad, which came in handy for my Beach Pages (the notebook was too small) until I bought my dedicated journal.

How about you? What's always on your packing list?

No comments:

Post a Comment