Saturday, April 29, 2017

3 Keys...Saturday?

Dodgerton Skillhause via Morguefile
Last night, I was regaling my husband with a list of things I'd gotten done and feeling pretty proud of myself. But then, midway through the conversation, I realized I'd forgotten to write a 3 Keys Thursday post.

Oops.

I could offer any one of a hundred excuses, or talk your ear off telling you everything I did instead, but that doesn't change things. In the end, the explanation that sums it all up is simple, and applies to all of us at one time or another.

Life happens.

And, when life happens, there's usually a life lesson to be learned. In my case, that life lesson will become a 3 Keys Thursday post, even if it is getting posted on a Saturday.

So, what to do when you find yourself in a literal or figurative mess?

Clean it up. Once I figured out that I'd dropped the ball, it was time to pick it up again. We've all forgotten things, found ourselves stretched too thin or created messes despite good intentions. Figure out how to set things right, apologize if necessary and...

Let it go. Making excuses or hanging on to a mistake or misstep is rarely a good idea. At best, it's a waste of time and energy that can be spent on much better pursuits, and, at worst, it makes us feel so inept that more mistakes ensue. Move forward -- with a sense of humor, if possible -- and...

Figure out how to avoid the same mistake in the future. With only one exception, I haven't missed a 3 Keys Thursday post in nearly two years. Still, it's possible that I could find myself in this same situation again. A missed post might be a signal that it's time to re-assess my monthly posting schedule or stop relying on just my memory to keep track of things.

I'd like to offer a sincere apology to anyone who was inconvenienced when 3 Keys Thursday was replaced by Flake Out Thursday. I hope that better late than never is true in this instance, and that you'll stop back next week when I hope to post on time.

And maybe institute a posting calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment